It’s no extra information that for some months, Nigerians can’t journey to Dubai immediately from Nigeria. This due to the problems between Emirate Airline, the Nigerian and the UAE authorities.
In the previous couple of months, travelling to Dubai from Nigeria which was once very straightforward has hastily grow to be a nightmare. To go on this journey, you’ll have to undergo different international locations and one of many best being Ghana and the Republic of Benin. It is because the 2 international locations are our closest neighbours.
I’ve learn a number of tales about totally different points folks have had within the Republic of Benin and Ghana. One of many fashionable tales was shared by Derende right here https://www.nairaland.com/6544747/30-days-sojourn-through-cotonou
Generally this month, A consumer contacted me to assist him course of a 3 months Dubai visa and in addition to plan his itinerary to Dubai by way of Benin republic. I processed the Dubai visa, booked the flight, then we headed straight to the Republic of Benin.
To chop a protracted story brief, on his journey date, we acquired to Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport. The Benin Airport is much less rowdy, much less congested and looking out properly maintained. That was once I acquired the shocks of my life. Firstly, nearly all of the folks going to Dubai from the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport have been Nigerians.
As we have been driving into the automobile park, I notice most people doing bureau de change are Nigerians. We modified some cash and headed straight to the departure.
I met a number of Nigerians on the ready space. You’ll virtually suppose it’s one other department of Murtala Muhammed Worldwide airport situated in Lagos. Then the worst occurred, as we have been heading in, we noticed 4 Nigerians popping out, at first I believed they have been coming again. Solely to get to the queue and we have been informed they have been denied boarding. I acquired extra curious, on additional investigation, I later acquired to know that they backdated the date they acquired in, not realizing that The republic of Benin had modified their stamp. Unlucky for them, they backdated with the brand new stamp.
Whereas on the Airport, I additionally noticed one other Nigerian who was arrested on the airport as a result of he was making an attempt to board with a pretend visa. I can’t imagine somebody would attempt to try this. I believe the particular person he paid gave him a pretend visa. He acquired locked up for some days. That is actually painful.
Then the final set of Nigerians that have been rejected both have broken passports or Worldwide passport with an image that’s not clear. The final units of Nigerians that acquired denied have been individuals who acquired late to the checking level.
Listed below are the foremost the reason why you could possibly get denied boarding on the Cotonou Airport.
Causes Why Folks Have been Rejected
- Broken passport: Any passport with stains, an image that’s not clear, broken on any a part of the info web page is computerized rejection. Please keep away from any type of harm to your passport. The general public have been travelling with the identical passport in Nigeria with none problem. Somebody mentioned they’re doing it to frustrate Nigerians. LOL this I cant confirm but.
- Pretend visa: Please all the time attempt to affirm the validity of your passport.
- Pretend stamp: Please make sure you all the time stamp on the border, don’t pay touts to stamp for you.
- Backdated stamp: YOu are imagined to spend 2 weeks minimal on the Cotonou Airport earlier than you’re allowed to journey.
- Expired covid 19 check: Please make sure you do your Covid 19 check on time so you may get the outcome on time.
Issues to notice when visiting Dubai by the Republic of Benin
1. you should spend a minimal of two weeks within the Republic of Benin
2. To be on the secure facet, Be sure to stamp in Seme border slightly than Idiroko border, I heard so many individuals are having points at Idiroko after they arrive in Dubai.
3. Verify your Visa validity on-line.
4. Get to the airport at the very least three hours earlier than your flight
5. Do a VIP covid 19 check. You’ll get your outcome the identical day.
6. If you may get an agent that’s accustomed to the route that can assist you out. It would prevent a number of cash in the long term.
7. Keep in a resort that’s not removed from the airport
8. Get accustomed to the terrain and an English talking cab driver. It would prevent a number of headache.
Please make sure you observe all Covid 19 protocols, please attempt to do the proper factor as a result of as soon as you’re caught they’ll make sure you face the legislation. Have you ever had an analogous expertise? Please share under.