Karimunjawa island is a small island in north Java, Indonesia.
This island remains to be remoted and lots of Indonesians themselves have no idea a lot about this leisure spot.
Since a number of years in the past, this island is properly generally known as a paradise for scuba divers due to its underwater appeal. This untouched sea is housing 242 species of fish and lots of lovely corals.
Right here’s my expertise of Karimunjawa and the way we went swimming with sharks!
Attending to Karimunjawa island
To succeed in the island, we first took 12 hours direct bus journey from Jakarta (Rawamangun Station) to Jepara (in Semarang metropolis). Then we took a ferry named KMP Muria straightaway to Karimunjawa Island that takes round 6 hours.
The lengthy journey was properly paid off by the great thing about the island.
Seek for transport choices in Indonesia under:
Swimming with sharks at Karimunjawa Island
We loved the sundown, dawn, seafoods which had been cooked by the native folks, snorkeling, island hopping, stress-free on the seashore and even SWIMMING with SHARKS!!
Sure, swimming with sharks is a should strive exercise!
Don’t fear, they’re smaller than regular and gained’t chew you, however be sure to usually are not on interval and don’t have any wounds in your physique. The seashore is calm and has crystal clear water, so I feel it’s not appropriate for browsing.
The gorgeous underwater world that’s nonetheless untouched has nicknamed this island as Little heaven in North Java. This island can be included because the prime 5 most lovely underwater world in Indonesia.
There are some islands in Karimunjawa and every of them gives completely different expertise to be loved.
Karimunjawa islands: Menjangan besar (menjangan means deer), Menjangan Kecil, Cemara Island, Gosong Island, and so forth.
Sadly, we had been unable to go to Gosong Island as a result of at the moment that island was sank. Our tour information advised us that the finest time to go to Karimunjawa is in October, after we are in a position to pay a go to to all of the islands.
Although we weren’t diving, we already loved fish feeding and noticed many colourful corals by snorkeling on every spots. Touring to Karimunjawa Island is certainly one of the vital memorable expertise for me.
Highlights of Karimunjawa island
- There are native individuals who stay on the island, so there are automobiles, motorbike, native store who promote groceries they usually promote unique pearls for memento too in low-cost worth.
- Karimunjawa Island is right for backpackers. As a result of there weren’t any luxurious lodge besides Kura-Kura Resort which is privately owned by an expatriate. There are homestays and motels and in addition lodgings in the midst of the ocean referred to as Wisma Apung (the idea is comparable with resorts in Maldives, however in a really quite simple and conventional means). The dwelling price to spend may be very low-cost too.
- Karimunjawa can be may be reached not directly by flight. First you could go to Semarang city by flight. Then take bus to Jepara which takes 2 hours then take public transport to go to the harbour, then take ferry ship (takes 3 or 6 hours is determined by which ferry do you’re taking) to Karimunjawa.
- There’s an categorical ferry ship referred to as Kartini which solely takes 3 hours from Jepara to Karimunjawa.
- Ferry will not be working every day and has restricted passenger capability. Make sure you make a reserving first and at all times verify the schedule.
- There are some journey brokers that present tour packages, I feel it is best to use this, if you wish to discover this Island like I did. Principally, tour packages begin from Jepara, they supply boats to island hopping, every day meals, and in addition snorkeling/diving instruments plus underwater photoshoots.
So, what do you concentrate on it? Are you to go there and swim with sharks?
Don’t overlook to carry anti nausea medicine to stop your self from vomiting whereas taking ferry journey.